Saturday, July 01, 2006

Noah's Ark found?

Texas archaeologists believe they may have located the remains of Noah's Ark in Iran's Elburz mountain range.

"I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark," said Arch Bonnema of the Bible Archaeology Search and Exploration (B.A.S.E) Institute, a Christian archeology organization dedicated to looking for biblical artifacts.

"It wasn't impressive at first," Cornuke said. "Certainly didn't think it to be Noah's Ark. But when we got close, we were amazed. It looked similar to wood."

read the entire article

I have noticed this a lot lately. People trying to prove that every word in the Bible is literaly true thinking that their lack of imagination -- "I can't imagine how an eye could arise through incremental changes", "I can't imagine what it could be if it is not the Ark" -- is a persuasive argument for their position. I wonder if there is a Latin phrase for that kind of logic. Perhaps something like "I limit my mind, ergo limit yours."

No comments: