Saturday, July 08, 2006

Drinking Liberally in the Quad Cities

Andy Waeyaert and Amanda York have established an Illinois Quad Cities chapter of Drinking Liberally and hosted the first meeting last night (Friday, July 7) at 7:30 pm at Jack's Place in downtown Moline. It was decided to meet the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month at 7:30 pm at Jack's Place. My wife and I came and had a great time. I was surprised to see so many college-aged politically involved people. For the first hour Rich Miller Sr., my wife and I were the only ones there over thirty. In spite of the range of ages everyone got along great because they shared a common interest in liberal politics. Later Pat and Cecilia O'Brien showed up to keep the party going.
Add your name to the Illinois Quad Cities Chapter email list
Read the discussion forum

No comments: