Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Broadway Oyster Bar in St. Louis


BroadwayOysterBar, originally uploaded by dvdbarrett.
.
On a recent trip to St. Louis, my wife and I visited this wonderful bar. Link to Broadway Oyster Bar website. It is on Broadway street in St. Louis, just a few blocks from Bush Stadium. They serve New Orleans style Cajun and creole dishes in an extremely informal setting in an outdoor patio on the side of the building.


BroadwayOysterBarPatio, originally uploaded by dvdbarrett.

The ambiance is very funky and my wife and I found it delightful. I had the jambalaya and my wife had the sampler plate. Both dishes included a steamed crayfish, which we had to ask the waitress how to eat. (It tastes like a little lobster.)

They feature live music almost every evening. We were there early in the evening hours before the band was scheduled to play so we just heard some extremely good recorded music -- Chicago style blues.

If you are a blues fan I heartily recommend you check this place out the next time you are in St. Louis

No comments: