Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Thoughts Upon Returning to the Quad Cities

My wife and I just returned from a 4 day trip to Orlando, Florida paid for by my day job employer. In terms of surviving a Quad City winter I am not sure whether a break such as that is a help or a hindrance. My first thought when exiting the Moline terminal into 20 degrees (it had been about 60 degrees in Orlando when we left a few hours before) was “Why exactly did we come back?”

On the other hand it was a pleasure to walk through our airport which was so much less crowded than the Atlanta and Orlando airports and to drive on our much less congested roads. Our community has a lot of advantages in quality of life. I wonder why the East Moline and Moline city councils seem to think we are so desperately in need of development that they are willing to accept any offer which promises jobs no matter how ugly and smelly?

No comments: