Thursday, August 30, 2007

Followup on Senator Craig

Yesterday I speculated that Senator Craig was influenced to waive his right to counsel and plead guilty by some new method of coercion adopted by the police and prosecutors. (Perhaps I was, in the interests of sarcasm, giving too much weight to his protestations of innocence.)

According to an article in the New York Times, Senator Craig is now blaming the Idaho Statesman newspaper

Today he implored his constituents and the larger public to consider his state of mind in the days and months leading up to June 11, the day of his arrest.

“For eight months leading up to June 11, my family and I have been relentlessly and viciously harassed by The Idaho Statesman,” he said. “If you’ve seen today’s paper, you know why. Let me be clear. I am not gay and never have been.”

No comments: